In an interview with IGN, the cast and the creators of The Legend of Korra further discussed Book 2 and the characters of the Avatar World. Most of the information covered had already been addressed at the Comic-Con, but there were a few new details that I was able to scrape up from the interview.
I put them into a bulleted format for your viewing pleasure:
- Mako becomes a cop to find a name for himself.
- Book 2 will focus heavily on exploring the Spirit World and the Avatar State.
- Mike and Bryan hinted at a specific flashback that they think fans will really enjoy. The flash back has something to do with the Avatar’s Legacy.
- Book 2 will delve deeper into romantic arcs. This means that specific relationships may be developed.
- Korra and Mako are together, but their relationship is a bit difficult because both have gone their separate ways: Korra is now a fully realized Avatar while Mako is a Cop.
- Hiroshi Sato is now in prison.
- Bolin is now in a relationship of his own. Bolami anyone?
The only thing that really interests me here is the flashback. I think it would be really cool to possibly see how the Avatar originated.